What is Home Automation?
Home automation allows you to control all of the electronic systems (lighting, climate, A/V, security, etc…) in your home with a single button press, using your Apple device, Android device or hand-held remote control.
Traditionally, homes with electronic systems had independent controls for audio, video, lighting, security, window coverings, cameras, climate, etc. The homeowner needed to go to the proprietary controls for each system to exercise control. With home control or home automation, homeowners can control all of these systems at once, adding great power and convenience to their homes.
Imagine waking up, pressing one button and having the morning news come on, the climate controls adjusts, lights come on, the window coverings open so you can enjoy the sunrise and the security system disarms so you can open the window and let some fresh air in. Of course you could also do this based on time of day, making your smart home the most elegant alarm clock imaginable. You can enjoy this power and convenience in your home, whether our RSI team retrofits it using wireless technology or incorporates it as your dream home is being built. Don’t just build a home—build a smart home, instead!
Beyond simply installing incredible home technology, Residential Systems, Inc. specializes in integrating various systems to deliver the ultimate in simplicity and coordinated functionality to homeowners. We eliminate the confusion and inefficiency of multiple remotes and switches with a powerful, streamlined control system for the entire home:
- Consolidate switches for lighting, window treatments, fireplaces, garage doors and fans onto a single, intuitive interface
- Enjoy effortless control of audio/video equipment, pre-set to your specific preferences
- Use the full features of your systems without studying complicated operation manuals
- Link multiple systems to enhance functionality (view security cameras on TV, answer doors through the phone, etc.)
- Create various modes that adjust the electronic systems as appropriate for the moment (party, good morning)
- Integrate lighting, climate control, window coverings and audio/video on a single switch. Create “Home” and “Away” scenes to improve functionality and conserve energy with the touch of a single button.
Share & Recommend